I really love the Top Ten Tuesday prompts from That Artsy Reader Girl and I want to start incorporating some of them into my posting schedule. Even though I’ll be posting them on Wednesdays, not Tuesdays. I can’t contain my rebelliousness.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Bookish 2021 Goals, and it took me awhile to figure out what those goals might be. Since I’m trying to take it easy on myself this year, and want to enjoy my reading time, I didn’t want to have too many “read X number of books in Y category” because those aren’t super fun for me. I wish they were, but that’s not what I’m working with. Luckily, “Bookish” doesn’t have to mean “Reading”, so I could branch out and just do book/reading-related goals.
- Don’t stress about the Goodreads Reading Challenge – any amount is good. The 50 it’s set at can easily be changed to whatever I need it to be.
- Speaking of Goodreads, my shelves are desperate for a good organizing, it’s a mess in there. I’m actually surprised it isn’t more organized – I have some shelves, but most books never made it onto them. I do love a good digital organization session.
- Put away my phone, turn off the tv, and read for an entire weekend.
- Create a little “reading ritual” around getting cozy and reading at night. Make a special, separate time of day.
- Read every night (starting tonight – 1/13), even if it’s only a few pages.
- Read a book that a tv show or movie is based on.
This will almost certainly be the first Bridgerton book, if the library has it. Or I break down and buy the ebook.I just bought the first-3-books combo on Kindle. Oops.
- Read (and finish) 10 books I already own.
- Read at least 2 Raymond E Feist books.
- I’m reading through all of his books, but didn’t read a single one last year. At this rate, I’ll never finish.
- Read 1 professional development or leadership book every month, or a total of 12.
Let me know if you have any of the same goals!